Two days after they survived a powerful propane explosion in a rural Maine home, a Dracut man’s condition has been upgraded to serious while his son remains in critical condition, officials said.

Robert Keefe, 59, and Ryan Keefe, 28, were seriously injured Thursday night when a home they were opening for the summer on Dutch Neck Road in Waldoboro, Maine, exploded. They managed to crawl out of a window and were transported to Maine Medical Center in critical condition.

As of Saturday morning, Robert’s condition had been upgraded to serious, according to a hospital spokeswoman. Ryan was still in critical condition.

Fire officials said the two were lucky to survive the explosion. Investigators with the State Fire Marshal’s Office said there was a propane leak inside the home and that the gas exploded when the Keefes turned on a clothes dryer in the basement.

The blast was so powerful that the house was knocked off of its foundation, officials said. The building was destroyed by flames after the explosion.

The Portland Press-Herald reported Friday that Robin Pancygrau, a friend of the Keefes who resides in Chelmsford, owns the home. Pancygrau could not be reached for comment.

Follow Chris on Twitter @ChrisLisinski and Robert on Twitter @Robert_Mills