METHUEN — The Methuen Historical Society is hosting its first fundraising event, Take A Chance Casino, to be held Sunday, Aug. 7, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Oakside (One Locust St.), the historical property of Charles Searles in the heart of Methuen.
Admission and parking are free.
This premiere event is a free and open to the public and will feature an incredible assortment of prizes in a casino setting.
“This event will help generate the revenue needed to not only maintain but also enhance the Tenney Gatehouse,” said Denis Webster-Greene, president of the Methuen Historical Society. “In addition it will be used to implement an educational program to make Methuen’s historical legacies from the generosity of Mr. Tenney, Mr. Searles and Mr. Nevins more accessible to the community.”
Attendees can purchase “chances” to try their luck at some fabulous prizes including:
* Apple iPad II;
* Autographed items from the Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots and Bruins;
* Box seats and airfare to a Washington Nationals game in Washington;
* Overnight stay at the Green Turtle Inn (houseboat on Boston Harbor);
* Cruise down the Merrimack River and lunch for four catered by The Party Connection;
* Shopping spree for 10;
* Cupcake party;
* Gift certificates to restaurants, florists, retail outlets;
* Patriots tickets.
For more information, please visit www.MethuenHistoricalSociety.org or call 978-683-3600.