Middlesex Community College offers a wide variety of career and personal development courses. Noncredit classes are held days and evenings in Bedford, Lowell and online.
This fall, MCC’s Web Development courses include:
* Dreamweaver Basics & Essential Photoshop Skills: Macromedia Dreamweaver is the Web development program used by more than 80 percent of Web professionals. Topics is this course include text-formatting, dynamic graphics, hyperlinks, templates, tables, frames, style-sheets and forms. Practice publishing a completed site to a Web host. Adobe is the premiere image manipulation tool for both print and the Web. Learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop in this thorough beginner/intermediate course (18 hours). This course meets from Mondays, Sept. 22 to Oct. 27, 6 to 9 p.m., on the Bedford Campus. The cost is $299. Register for course number CAR 778 30 14041.
* HTML in a Nutshell: This hands-on workshop will introduce students to the building blocks of HTML programming, covering topics such as organizing a Web site, adding images, text-formatting, tables, links and lists. Using Windows Notepad, we will create a Web site during class. Students should be familiar with using an internet browser (6 hours). This course meets Thursdays, from Oct. 23-30, 6 to 9 p.m., on the Bedford Campus. The cost is $99. Register for course number TEC 711 30 14121.
* Advanced Photoshop: This course takes you beyond the beginning level into understanding Photoshop functionality by using advanced Photoshop techniques. Topics to be discussed include resolution, bit depth, color modules, advanced layers and effects, paths, actions, and brush controls (12 hours). This course meets Tuesdays, Oct. 21 through Nov. 11, 6 to 9 p.m., The cost is $189. Register for course number TEC 607 30 14078.
* Corporate Event Planning: Learn how to think of every last detail, from what food to serve, inviting guests, and how to order a tent for an outside function. Learn to plan, delegate, budget, organize and impress your co-workers with the perfect party (3 hours). This course meets Oct. 4, 9 a.m. to noon, on the Lowell Campus. The cost is $49. Register for course number CAR 703 80 14100.
* Commercial Design: This course provides an excellent foundation in the field. Topics include client relationships, state building codes, insurance requirements, basic understanding of timelines in construction projects, drafting, textiles, lighting, historical restoration and feng shui. The book, Interior Design by John Pile, (fourth edition) is required and available at the MCC Bookstore (33 hours). This course meets Thursdays, Oct. 2 through Dec. 11, 6 to 9 p.m., in Bedford. The cost is $499. Register for course number CAR 640 30 14094.
* How to Become a Home-Stager: This course will prepare students new to the field for marketing, obtaining inventory and installation strategies. The textbook, Vacant to Vibrant, is required. Course takes place at Designs for Daily Living, 58 Prescott St., Lowell (10 hours). This course meets Thursdays, Oct. 23 through Nov. 20, 7 to 9 p.m. The cost is $249. Register for course number CAR 631 80 14056.
* Christmas Boxwood Tree: Making a fresh-cut boxwood tree is easy and looks gorgeous with all the holiday trimmings added. A fee of $20 is payable to the instructor to cover the materials. Course takes place at Anny’s Floral Design, 863 Varnum Ave., Lowell (2 hours). This course meets Dec. 15, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The cost is $39. Register for course number PER 641 80 14080.
To register for these or other MCC noncredit courses, call 1-800-818-3434 or visit www.middlesex.mass.edu/careertraining.