Items can be sent to What’s Happening by e-mailing email@example.com. Please send message in simple text, not as an attachment; items can be sent to What’s Happening by regular mail to: What’s Happening, The Valley Dispatch, c/o David McArdle, P.O. Box 1477, Lowell, Mass., 01853.
BROMYOGA CLASSES: Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., 119 Gallery,119 Chelmsford St. (Route 110), Lowell; for more information, call 978-852-2765 or visit www.bromyoga.com.
INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS:
* Dracut: July 3, 7-9 p.m., Lakeview Avenue School complex; live concert followed by fireworks display;
* Methuen: July 3, 7:30 p.m., Nicholson Stadium; concert featuring Velvet Elvis and members of Beatlejuice, followed by fireworks display;
* Pelham: July 3, 4 p.m., Pelham Elementary School: activities including live music, food, games, and raffles will conclude with fireworks display.
VNA HEALTH SCREENINGS: The Visiting Nurse Association of Greater Lowell will provide senior health clinics during July. A registered nurse will conduct the clinics. Services include medications review, weight and blood-pressure checks. No appointments are needed and no fees will be charged to those 60 and older. The clinics will be held on the following dates and times:
* July 2, 1:30-4 p.m., Dracut Council on Aging, 951 Mammoth Road.
* July 9, 1:30-4 p.m., Dracut Council on Aging, 951 Mammoth Road.
* July 16, noon-4 p.m., Dracut Council on Aging, 951 Mammoth Road.
* July 23, 1:30-4 p.m., Dracut Council on Aging, 951 Mammoth Road.
* July 30, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Dracut Council on Aging, 951 Mammoth Road.
YMCA “REACH OUT FOR YOUTH” GOLF TOURNEY: July 2, registration, 8 a.m., shotgun start, 9 a.m.; Hickory Hill Golf Course, Methuen; prizes for first through fourth place; $175 fee; includes greens fee, cart, 10 raffle tickets, mulligan, barbecue dinner and golf shirt; for more information, contact Melissa O’Brien at 978-683-5266; registration forms available at www.mvymca.org.
GREATER LOWELL LEAGUE OF CATHOLIC WOMEN: Any Catholic woman 18 and older is eligible to join; for more information, call chairwoman Bonni Dinneen at 978-937-7933.
DRACUT AMERICAN LEGION POST 315: Meets the third Saturday of the month, 1 p.m., Broadway Road; new members welcome.
DRACUT GARDEN CLUB: Meets second Wednesday of the month, 7:30 p.m., April through December; Dracut Historical Society, Lakeview Avenue; for more information, call 978-957-1289.
DRACUT VFW POST 9307: Meets the third Saturday of the month,11:30 a.m., Dracut American Legion Post 315, Broadway Road; new members welcome.
METHUEN LADIES AUXILIARY: Arnold Greenwood VFW Post 8349, 26 River St., Methuen; meets second Thursday of the month, 7 p.m.; bean suppers first Saturday of the month (adults $6, children $2); meat raffles every Saturday, 2 p.m.; 45s tournament every Sunday, 5 p.m., partners luck of the draw, $5 per person; new members welcome; for more information, call Nancy at 978-687-9465.
PELHAM VFW: John H. Hargreaves Memorial Post 10722, 6 Main St., Pelham; meets first Thursday of the month, 7 p.m.
RED HAT SOCIETY: Meets second Tuesday of each month, 1:30 p.m., Pelham Senior Center, 8 Nashua Road.