Why face the streets of suburbia for 26-plus body-numbing miles when you can run through bucolic vineyards, past historic landmarks, even through an African game reserve? Here is Forbes' list of top 10 marathons worth the trip, plus the race dates in chronological order.
– Napa Valley Marathon (March 2)
– Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris (April 6)
– Virgin Money London Marathon (April 13)
– Boston Marathon (April 21)
– Big Sur International Marathon (April 27)
– BMO Vancouver Marathon (May 4)
– Great Wall Marathon, Tianjin, China (May 17)
– Marathon de la Baie du Mont Saint-Michel, France (May 25)
– Big Five Marathon, Limpopo, South Africa (June 21)
– Athens Classic Marathon (Nov. 9)
Linda Zavoral, firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her at Twitter.com/buh_byetravel.