TYNGSBORO -- Police say a fire that consumed a shed last week on Woodlawn Street has launched a separate criminal investigation stemmed from items found inside the structure.

At about 6: 55 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13, the Tyngsboro Fire Department responded to 5 Woodlawn St. for a fire in a 20-foot by 30-foot shed. Officials were on scene until 9:30 p.m. putting out the flames, while the Westford Fire Department covered the town station. There were no injuries reported.

The incident led authorities to an investigation regarding two firearms found inside the heavily damaged structure. Police Chief Richard Howe said there was little information he would release regarding the case Thursday, and added there are no charges at this point.

Fire officials, according to Howe, ruled the cause of the fire to be human error. The homeowner allegedly used a blowtorch to heat up water pipes inside the shed to keep them from freezing. The torch was then left on and ignited nearby material.

Follow Samantha Allen on Twitter and Tout @SAllen_89.