Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. ISRAELI DEFENSE SOURCE: ONE SOLDIER MISSING IN GAZA
The official says the IDF combatant went missing after a deadly battle over the weekend. Gaza was heavily bombarded through night and morning with several mosques also targeted.
2. FOR MANY JEWS, A CALL TO FIGHT, FAR FROM THE LIVES THEY KNOW
The two Americans killed in fighting in the Gaza Strip followed in the footsteps of scores of others from around the world who leave behind often comfortable lives to join the Israel Defense Forces.
3.THE TRAIN CARRYING VICTIMS' REMAINS ARRIVES IN KHARKIV
The bodies of those who perished in the Malaysia Airlines crash, many of them Dutch, are en route to the Netherlands for identification by families, having left an area under rebel control.
4. IN FACE OF MANY CHALLENGES, OBAMA STILL A DRAW FOR DEMOCRAT CASH
Ahead of midterm elections that could change Washington's balance of power, the president sets out on a three-day, West Coast fundraising trip to include at least five events.
5. IN DETROIT, WORKERS AND RETIREES ACCEPT PENSION CUTS
The step is crucial for the city to emerge from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
6. WHY TEXAS IS SENDING TROOPS TO THE MEXICO BORDER
7. HOW MANY HOMELESS PEOPLE MAY HAVE BEEN ATTACKED IN NEW MEXICO
One of three teens accused of fatally beating two homeless men in Albuquerque tells police that he and the two others have terrorized perhaps 50 transients in recent months.
8. MANY US VOTERS STAYING HOME
More than half the states to hold primary elections so far have seen record-low turnouts, according to a survey.
9. IN NEW STUDY, SCHIZOPHRENIA COMES INTO SHARPER FOCUS
More than 100 researchers from around the world collaborate in the biggest-ever genomic mapping of the illness, finding hard genetic evidence to bolster a theory connecting it to the immune system.
10. WHO IS TURNING ONE TODAY
Britain's Prince George is celebrating his birthday amid a media frenzy that involves glossy specials, a commemorative coin, and a new word--"Georgeous"--to describe him.