Sun Staff Report
PELHAM, N.H. -- An unidentified 24-year-old man suffered what was described as a "severe" hand injury while using fireworks in Pelham on Friday evening.
Police confirmed a report posted on Twitter that a 24-year-old suffered the injury while using fireworks, but Sgt. Michael Pickles declined to provide further details since the incident was not a criminal matter.
A report posted on Twitter indicated the incident occurred at a home on Indian Valley Road, but Pickles declined to release or confirm an exact address.
Pickles said the Pelham Fire Department will follow up on the matter, but no one from the Fire Department could immediately be reached on Friday night.
Fireworks are legal in New Hampshire, but illegal in Massachusetts.
-- ROBERT MILLS