LOWELL -- As Thomas Dunn, 71, lay near death last July, Dracut police say his 18-year-old step-granddaughter allegedly used his credit card 18 times to rack up more than $2,000 in charges in the week before he died.

Dunn died July 18.

Police allege that when Dunn's daughter, who was his power of attorney, discovered the alleged misuse of her father's credit card, Morrison allegedly made numerous threatening and harassing phone calls to the daughter, threatening to hurt her and cause a "commotion" at Dunn's services.

Kristina Morrison, of 100A Cass Ave., Apt. 18A, Dracut, appeared in Lowell District Court on Thursday on a summons. Morrison was released on personal recognizance after pleading not guilty to: improper use of a credit card over $250 (three counts), larceny under $250, threat to commit a crime, improper use of a credit card under $250 (two counts), criminal harassment, larceny over $250 from someone over 60 or disabled, and larceny under $250 from someone over 60 or disabled.

As conditions of her release, Judge Barbara Pearson ordered Morrison to stay away from and have no contact and not abuse the alleged victim.

Morrison has denied the allegations. She could not be reached by The Sun for comment.

Dracut police allege that on July 17, 2013, Dunn's daughter went to her father's house, where Morrison also lived, to find his wallet.


The daughter told Morrison that Dunn was seriously ill and had been transferred to hospice care. Dunn died the next day.

As part of her duties in handling her father's estate, the daughter checked his accounts and found that from July 14-17, someone racked up $2,156 in charges at Hannaford and Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union ATM withdrawals. There was a total of $900 taken from the ATM.

Video surveillance at Hannaford's and Jeanne D'Arc confirmed Morrison was using Dunn's credit card, police allege.

Between 8 and 9 a.m. on July 17, $1,900 in ATM withdrawals were declined.

The alleged victim told police that on the day her father died, Morrison allegedly made threatening calls to her, saying she would hurt her and telling her to "watch her back." In another message, Morrison allegedly threatened to bring her friends to Dunn's service and cause a commotion.

Morrison is scheduled for a pretrial conference July 8.

Follow Lisa Redmond on Tout and Twitter@lredmond13_lisa.