LOWELL -- The Merrimack Valley Sandbox, a nonprofit group that advocates for new business ideas and their entrepreneurs, has announced its entrepreneur finalists for its Creative Economy Pitch Contest.
The event takes place from 6-8 p.m. next Thursday, March 28, at the United Teen Equality Center, 34 Hurd St., Lowell.
* Veronica Chapman, for My Crowning Jewel, which makes fashionable head wraps for women.
* Diana Coluntino, for New Vestures, a makerspace for fashion hacks and designers in downtown Lowell.
* Diane DeMarco, for The Cupcakory, a cupcake truck that uses less sugar and locally sourced and organic ingredients.
* Julia Grunert, for Le Jus Beverages, a producer of fruit and flower-based beverages with a focus on European flavors.
* Chhavy Sinuon, for Style This Shindig and Flower Mobile, an events-styling company that designs looks for special events using custom-made props and custom-designed floral arrangements.
* Marquis Victor, for Elevated Though Foundation, a creative workshop to help at-risk youth develop socially-conscious art organizations or businesses.
* Peter Zimmerman, for Mill City Glass Works, a glass-blowing studio on Lowell's Western Avenue.
The Merrimack Valley Sandbox is a nonprofit group that works with area businesspeople and community leaders to build a comprehensive program to encourage entrepreneurs to move from ideas to actual businesses. Its pitch contests