It's Monday, March 18
Follow our news updates and breaking news on Twitter at: @lowellsunnews, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lowellsun, on our mobile app, or on our website www.lowellsun.com. We welcome your suggestions, comments and contributions to staff members via their email addresses below or to Editor Jim Campanini (@suneditor) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's a sampling of what Sun staffers, and other news providers, are working on for lowellsun.com and Tuesday's edition of the newspaper.
* Kingmaker. Former state senator Steven Panagiotakos hasn't served in elective office for more than three years, but aspiring pols still seek his advice and blessing. Find out who stopped by the Owl Diner Monday morning to break bread with the Panagiotakos by reading the story by Lyle Moran, email@example.com.
* As the UMass Lowell hockey team heads into the semif-inals of Hockey East, there's a lot of attention on the team's coach, Norm Bazin, for good reason. Read the column by sportswriter Chaz Scoggins, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the second-year coach.
* Speaking of columns, don't miss the latest by columnist Peter Lucas, email@example.com.
* Kudos to the Dracut Scholarship Telethon, which over the last several days set a record for fundraising. Reporter John Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org, will have the numbers.
* The Varney Playground in North Chelmsford is about to receive a $2 million facelift. Find out what's being added by reading the story by Reporter Grant Welker, email@example.com.
* The campaign roll-out of Republican senate candidate Gabriel Gomez hasn't exactly been smooth, but the Cohasset businessman was scheduled to be in Fitchburg Monday where Reporter Katina Caraganis, firstname.lastname@example.org, was going to catch up to him.