The Valley Dispatch commenting system lets users join discussions using their social networking accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, or by setting up a Disqus account. (Click on the Disqus button above the comment field.) This lets you post comments immediately -- if your comments follow the ground rules to begin with (see the guidelines below).
Guests can leave comments, but there might be a delay in their posting pending the system's approval. If you want your comment to be posted without delay, use your social networking accounts or set one up at http://disqus.com/profile/signup/
So engage in debate and share your comments. But there are guidelines to be aware of
- Be civil. Debate the issues, but avoid personal attacks.
- Keep it clean. No foul language. If you wouldn't say it to your grandma, don't say it here. Don't post obscene material.
- Keep it respectful. Don't call other people names, taunt, threaten or ridicule them. If this is all you have left to say, you have nothing worthwhile to say.
- Again, keep it respectful. Don't make fun of the dead. Don't wish harm or death upon the living or the injured. Don't make fun of children. Don't threaten people. Just don't do it.Advertisement
- No hate speech. Don't post hate speech or comments that stereotype: This includes comments that stereotype, intimidate or are hateful toward a person or group of people on the basis of religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability. These are not within your First Amendment rights.
- Be careful. Don't libel people. Don't break copyright rules. Don't invade a private person's privacy. Know these laws before you post.
- Be who you are. You own your comments. Don't name poach or steal other's identities.
- Stay on topic. Discourse that veers away from the issue steers everyone away. Stick to the issue at hand. Don't turn comments into a personality fight.
The Valley Dispatch cannot and does not review all comments. If you believe a comment violates the guidelines or is inappropriate, mouse over the comment and click on the "flag" link. The Valley Dispatch can ban abusive commenters.
The Valley Dispatch reserves the right to remove, edit or modify comments. By posting a comment, you acknowledge they may be republished or repurposed by The Free Broadcaster.
By posting a comment, you acknowledge that you alone are accountable for any and all legal claims and damages that may be brought against you by a third party as a result of your comment. The Valley Dispatch is not responsible for the content of any comment.